Tax audit representation is a service in which a tax or legal professional stands in on behalf of a taxpayer (an individual or legal entity) during an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or state income tax audit.
The best possible audit representation comes from one with inside knowledge of the audit process and the methodology by which the return was selected for review. Having worked as an auditor for the Internal Revenue Service for over 5 years, Michael provides clients with the expertise necessary to assure fairness and accuracy in any audit. He is an expert on tax law research and understands the audit process from the inside out, making the process as efficient as possible.
Are you or anyone you know facing a Tax Audit?
We recommend to avoid beginning an audit without first consulting with a professional. If you have received a notice from the IRS, feel free to contact our office and schedule a consultation. When dealing with audits we do the following:
1) Review your IRS correspondence and business records.
2) Go over your different possible outcomes.
2) Meet with the service to conduct an interview on your behalf.
3) Limit the scope in any way possible.
4) Prepare any necessary responses or appeals.
5) Resolve issues and conclude process.
For more information on the IRS Audit Process please review our blog posting here: http://www.cpainsantabarbara.com/feed/